Friday, August 9, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Post #8






           1. Ectotherm - the short definition for this would be a "cold-blooded" animal. Such animals that could be classified as this are reptiles, amphibians, fish, etc.





           2. Homeostasis - this is the property of an organism that is able to maintain and regulate its own internal environment. My dog has been able to do this for almost 12 years, equivalent to 61 human years.





           3. Gibberellin - these are certain plant hormones that regulate growth and influence various developmental processes. This is a plant in my back yard.





          4. Long-Day Plant - this is a plant that flowers after being exposed to light periods longer than a certain critical length, as in the Summer. Spinach, lettuce, potatoes, and some types of wheat are examples of long-day plants.


 I forgot to include this one last week so I'm doing it here.



          5. Cambium - this is a type of plant tissue that is present in a thin layer which forms new cells on both sides. Once again, this picture is of the opening of a cut plant from above.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure you took a picture of my dog.

    ReplyDelete