Friday, July 6, 2012

Scavenger hunt #3 Amanda:)


This wasn't a great photo due to my awful camera, but it is a flower resembling the anther and filament of stamen. I couldn't get my camera to zoom in enough to see the center, so I decided to explain. The stamen is the male part of the flower that creates pollen grains with the help of the anther and filament. The filament is the stem of the anther, and the anther is the pollen bearing portion of the stamen. If you look in the center of a flower you can see seed like stems in the inside and these are stamens creating pollen for the pollinators.


These are strawberries resembling asexual reproduction. Since asexual reproduction is more common in plants and fruit instead of animals I used strawberries as my example. Asexual reproduction is one individual produces an offspring identical to it.


This is a new shoot of a rose bush that is an example of an auxin producing area of a plant. The hormone of a plant produced where a new root or shoot is growing is the auxin producing area of a plant.


This pinewood tree was cut down and as you can see there are layers in the trunk. This is my example of cadium which is a cellular layer of wood tissue between bark and sapwood of a tree. Once you break off the bark you can see the cadium.


My Begonia plant leaves are the examples of cuticle layer of a plant. The waxy layer of the leaves are the cuticle layer of the plant. It serves it's purpose by protecting the plant. The waxy coating is produced by the epidermal cells of the leaves.







No comments:

Post a Comment