Friday, June 29, 2012

David Bready "The Hot Zone" #1

Alright Mrs. Lory, I am going to go ahead and tell you that while I was reading I got a little carried away and read to page 218. Now I hope you are not mad but I just completely love this book. The writing style is fantastic and I am now obsessed with the virus Ebola. I especially one of the new many facts i have learned about viruses which is that the virus lives safely in its host species and knows its boundaries but when the virus is able to infiltrate a new species it does not know when to stop and keeps going until there is nothing left. That makes me wonder if the common cold can effect a different species by doing what Ebola does to us. Thank you for introducing me to this book.

1 comment:

  1. how about the fact that such a small "organism" can cause so much damage?! it's unbelievable. It's also much clearer to see how we keep getting the cold virus, right?

    ReplyDelete