Friday, June 29, 2012

HotZone1- Tyler

I found this book surprisingly...interesting. I misjudged it initially, but it's actually quite gripping- I have to say the Jaxx storyline is my favorite so far. The beginning in particular confused me, I like things to be in order and this book was all over the place, jumping from year to year back to the previous year and then ten years later... but I really like it! I knew a small bit about Ebola walking into this, but I didn't know it was divided into three types or anything... In my previous biology class we'd watched contagion and then discusses other viruses, so I knew about their travelling methods and cycles, and how they can be manipulated by animals, which is what I'm suspecting...

The most interesting part of the story for me was when Mrs. Jaxx was working in the Biohazard lab, with the caged animals. I thought for sure that she'd be infected- that's the latter stories typically follow. But I had to keep reminding myself as I was reading that this was real and exists. That makes it all the more interesting!

I did read ahead, I had a 16 hour car ride to kill... but not enough to figure it out yet! And it's driving me slightly crazy because typically I like to figure things out quickly and analytically. It's turned into one of my new favorites. :)

~Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment