Thursday, June 28, 2012

Kelly - The Hot Zone part 1

I've really enjoyed this book! It is very interesting. I have learned a lot about how bad viruses can be especially ebola. I can't even imagine having that happen to me. I have also learned a lot about how people go into a level four hot zone. I imagine people at the CDC that risk their lives every day going into environments like those with only a few layers of material between them and some of the most deadly viruses in the world. The multiple story lines in this book are kind of hard to follow. But this also makes it more interesting because it is dealing with multiple different situations and different places in the world. I was a little confused about the first virus mentioned in this book, marburg. Is this a relative to ebola? I wonder if they had looked for a longer period of time in the cave, maybe at the crystals that cut both the victims hands, if they would have found the source of the ebola virus. I can't wait to read more of this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment