Saturday, June 30, 2012

IMportant STuff...

Ok - so I LOVE your posts about The Hot Zone.  I too love it and agree that some of it can be confusing in the back and forth.. I found myself making notes in the margins and dog earring pages so I could go back and re-read or reference.  It's hard to remind yourself that this is non-fiction!! I agree that Nancy Jaxx is pretty impressive.  I don't know if I could do what she does.  Had it been fiction, Tyler, I think you are right that she would have been infected.  But not everyone comes out of this unscathed.   And Ansley, I am glad you are so candid with your response to the book.  It is pretty gross and yes, scary.  I hope that over the course of the year, you will find that being armed with information can make things a little less scary. Of course, that doesn't change the reality!  One of the ideas I get out of this is how, the more we know the less we know.  It's what I find so fascinating about biology and why I love it so much.

Now for some business: 1- I have only heard back from Tyler confirming that he understands about the text.  I want to hear from all of you.
2- Let's now get in the habit of commenting on each other's posts.  That's one of the main points of this blog - a way for us to have "class" discussions online.
3- Hope you are enjoying not only your summer, but also this assignment :)
4- P.S. after this past weel with College Board's APBio Summer Institute I am SO EXCITED to share with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment