Friday, July 13, 2012

The book is still very interesting. The stories that kind of seemed random in the beginning are now starting to make sense. I especially liked the description about the knife used to cut the crumb. It is hard to believe things that small can literally be sliced into many equal pieces. My favorite part was how the Ebola Zaire lit up under the microscope. I don't think I would be able to sit there knowing I was inches away from the most deadly virus known to man. I understand that the virus has to be grown in order to tell what it is. But couldn't that make it an even bigger risk if something were to happen? They said that five virus particles could start a whole outbreak but the lab is growing thousands of them. I'm not really getting how the murder of Jerry Jaax fits into this story. It just seems kind or random putting the mystery of a murder into a book about disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment