Friday, July 27, 2012

Kelly - The Hot Zone part 3

I have a theory about Ebola Reston. In the beginning of the book they said that Marburg must have started in an animal that it didn't effect such as an insect or a small animal. I think that Ebola Reston could have started in humans and therefor does not effect humans. Ebola Reston effects monkeys like Ebola Zaire effects humans. I am learning a lot from this book. I think it's amazing that there are diseases that don't effect everyone and everything. I'm learning a lot about the precautions that people have to take with a level 4 hot agent. I wonder if they would still consider viruses that effect animals but not humans hot agents because there would be no harm to the people handling them. I like that the author put in the different pictures of the viruses. But to me they all look the same. It's hard to believe that viruses that are so similar in allearence can effect different species.

No comments:

Post a Comment