Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hot Zone Post 2

Well guys, I did it. I told myself that I would read at the rate Ms. Lori asked us to but the truth is, I just couldn't stop. I finished the book but I will try and give some comments on part 2.

Something that drove me insane at this point in the story was the author's use of food analogies. He was constantly comparing virus particles to types of food so that everything I ate became much less appetizing. I think this was the part of the book where USAMRIID discovered Ebola Reston. I was amazed with the carelessness used by the owners of the monkey house as well as the two scientists who sniffed the virus. At that point, they became hazardous to everyone in the country. I will continue to post book updates as the summer goes on, but I may just go ahead and knock them all out so that I don't forget parts of the book.

Thanks,
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment