Tuesday, July 30, 2013

HOT ZONEEEEEE PART TRESSSS

Guys, I honestly have no recollection of what happened in Part 3. The smart thing to do would be to grab my book and look through it. Instead, I think will just talk about Ebola Reston and what I thought about the book in general.

At this point in the story, I believe the CDC as well as USAMRIID had been called in. I was surprised at the carelessness with which the organizations acted. The arguments between members of each team were unprofessional and dangerous. Something else that shocked me was the refusal of the original discoverers of the virus to go into lockdown after they knew they had been exposed. That seems like grounds to be dismissed. Obviously, they were monitoring each other, yet this does not seem like enough foundation to declare themselves "safe."

If I remember correctly, 3 of the monkey handlers had gotten sick. 1 showed symptoms similar to other Ebola strains. That he recovered is a miracle. This whole process of discovering the viruses and tracking down the source/exterminating it seems so unprofessional. This might be because of the relative obscurity/cutting edge nature of the field.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVu5qH7gw2A
This video has nothing to do with biology, it's really weird to be honest

No comments:

Post a Comment