Monday, June 10, 2013

The Hot Zone Part 1

I will be out of town a lot this summer so I am trying to get ahead on some of the due dates!

I ended up reading Part 1 much quicker than I intended...I was not able to put it down! The only parts I am not enjoying are the descriptions of how the viruses affect the people. They are a little disturbing and I could do without them. While I'm reading I tend to get a little confused with the time changes and also how so many people have the last name Johnson...it's hard to keep them straight. Viruses have always been a subject I enjoyed and by reading this book I am learning many things I did not know, but I still have so many questions about them. Nancy Jaxx is very brave to be working with Ebola. When she cut her hand I thought for sure that she would become infected. I'm amazed that this story is real and happened not to long ago!

1 comment:

  1. Nancy cutting her hand almost reminded me of a horror movie when the dumb girl opens the door and you think "No, don't do it! Whyyy!"

    ReplyDelete